The Hobart campus is situated in central Hobart with magnificent views overlooking the city and out to the Derwent River. The site has a significant heritage and historical role in the life of the Catholic Church in Tasmania. The land was originally part of the Government allocation for the burial of non Church of England faiths. Later it became the site for the first novitiate in Tasmania and then in 1911 the first Catholic boys school in Hobart. St. Virgil’s College was conducted by the Christian Brothers and provided classes through to year 12.
Hobart campus map
The Glenorchy Campus is located in a secluded and beautiful environment with Mount Wellington as its backdrop. The property was part of an original colonial homestead site. The original home, Houghton House, was lovingly restored and now forms a part of the heritage of the Glenorchy campus. The property became the site for Holy Name School, conducted by the Dominican Sisters. Later it became St. John’s Primary campus and the Primary campus of Savio College conducted by the Salesians of Dom Bosco. Until 1995 it was the senior secondary campus of Dominic College. Two of the original classrooms have been retained as part of our campus buildings.
Glenorchy campus map