An invitation to parents from the Director of Catholic Education
The Tasmanian Catholic School Parents Council annual conference will be held this Saturday – 21 October.
The Director of Catholic Education, Mr John Mula, has extended an invitation to all parents to attend, especially in the afternoon.
This year’s conference theme is “Prepared for the Future” and a number of keynote speakers will reflect on this theme, particularly in the mid-program and afternoon sessions; among them the Deputy Premier and the Leader of the Opposition, both of whom are scheduled to speak in the afternoon.
In the lead up to the State election, they have been asked to address a number of topics important to Catholic education, including:
- what they see as their responsibilities for all students being educated in Tasmania
- recurrent funding for Catholic schools
- post year five and six of ‘Gonski’
- capital funding for Catholic schools
- minimising the costs to parents for busing their children to the Catholic school or college they are attending
- support for improved literacy and numeracy outcomes for all Tasmanian students
- support for the provision of hearing and sight checks for prep students
Mr Mula said that it was critically important for parents to attend the conference. If people are unable to attend the whole day, then attendance in the afternoon is possible. Please see the program below for timing details.
If you are able to be present, please confirm your attendance with
Mr Greg Boon, Executive Officer, Tasmanian Catholic Schools Parents Council
0498 221 139 or email@example.com
by close of business this Thursday 19 October.
The conference will be held at Croagh Patrick Campus of St Patrick’s College, Launceston.
PROGRAM DETAILS: TCSP Conference Program 20171003