PARENT-STUDENT-TEACHER conferences are a significant part of our communication process with parents regarding the academic and social progress of their sons or daughters. These interviews are held on the Glenorchy Campus twice a year. Interview times are booked online. Details become available closer to the conference dates.
- In 2018, the conferences will be held on TUESDAY 15 MAY and TUESDAY 21 AUGUST, between 2:30 and 8pm.
PARENT INFORMATION EVENINGS are held on each Campus for all parents, especially those new to the College, in the early weeks of Term 1 each year. These evenings provide an opportunity for parents to get to learn a little more about the Campus and the activities of a normal College day as well as meet key people.
- In 2018, the meetings will be held on TUESDAY 20 FEBRUARY (Glenorchy Campus) and WEDNESDAY 21 FEBRUARY in the Assembly Area for Hobart-based parents. The meetings will be held from 6-7:30pm
A VET INFORMATION EVENING is also held early in the year for parents and students from GYC and Association colleges involved with VET courses and pathways. GYC is the RTO (Registered Training Organisation) for the Southern Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre.
In 2017, the STCCTTC won the Australian Training Awards Schools Pathway in VET Award (having been a national finalist in 2013 – this is a direct-entry category) and in 2014 GYC received a rare Certificate of Commendation in the Small Training Provider of the Year award at the Tasmanian Training Awards. In 2015, Hospitality teacher Stephen Lunn took out the state and national title of VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year and in 2016 GYC had three students as finalists in two categories at the Tasmanian Training Awards, winning both categories – VET in Schools Student of the Year and Equity Vocational Student of the Year. In 2017, GYC had four finalists in two categories at the Tasmanian Training Awards.
- In 2018, this information evening will be held on THURSDAY 1 MARCH on the Glenorchy Campus, at 7-8:30pm.
COLLEGE OPEN DAY makes both Campuses accessible to the public, allowing visitors to see the College operating on a normal school day.
- In 2018, an Open Day for both Campuses will be held on Friday 4 May between 9am and noon;
- an Open Day on the Hobart Campus on Sunday 20 May between 10am and 1pm; and
- an Open Day on the Glenorchy Campus on Sunday 27 May between 10am and 1pm.