PARENT-STUDENT-TEACHER conferences are a significant part of our communication process with parents regarding the academic and social progress of their sons or daughters. These interviews are held on the Glenorchy Campus twice a year.
- In 2017, the conferences will be held on TUESDAY 23 MAY and TUESDAY 22 AUGUST, between 2:30 and 8pm.
PARENT INFORMATION EVENINGS are held on each Campus for all parents in the early weeks of Term 1 each year. Tutors are the first contact for parents in the event of any concerns they may have and these evenings are an opportunity for parents to get to know the Tutor and learn a little more about the Campus and the activities of a normal College day.
- In 2017, the meetings will be held on TUESDAY 21 FEBRUARY for Glenorchy-based parents and WEDNESDAY 22 FEBRUARY in the Assembly Area for Hobart-based parents. The meetings will be held from 7:30-9pm.
A VET INFORMATION EVENING is also held early in the year for parents and students from GYC and Association colleges involved with VET courses and pathways. GYC is the RTO (Registered Training Organisation) for the Southern Catholic Colleges Trade Training Centre. In 2013, the SCCTTC was a national finalist in the Australian Training Awards and in 2014 GYC received a rare Certificate of Commendation in the Small Training Provider of the Year award at the Tasmanian Training Awards. In 2015, VET Hospitality teacher Stephen Lunn took out the state and national title of VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year and in 2016 GYC had three students as finalists in two categories at the Tasmanian Training Awards, winning both categories – VET in Schools Student of the Year and Equity Vocational Student of the Year.
- In 2017, this information evening will be held on THURSDAY 2 MARCH on the Glenorchy Campus, at 7-8:30pm.
INFORMATION EVENINGS FOR PARENTS AT ASSOCIATION COLLEGES are held early in May as part of the enrolment and transition process. These nights provide information about the nature and the culture of GYC, its educational aspirations and results and the strong vision it promotes for young people as they mature from teenagers into young adults. Students also speak about their transition experiences.
- In 2017, these information evenings will be held on TUESDAY 2 MAY on the Glenorchy Campus and WEDNESDAY 3 MAY and THURSDAY 4 MAY on the Hobart Campus. Each meeting will begin at 7:30pm.
COLLEGE OPEN DAY makes both Campuses accessible to the public, allowing visitors to see the College operating on a normal school day.
- In 2017, Open Day will be held on Friday 5 May between 9am and noon.