“We wish him every success on his amazing journey and God’s blessing on the way”

(GYC Principal, Mr Craig Deayton) in Family Bulletin #8

The take-off on Sunday:  (please click on the individual photo to see the full photo, larger)

Day 5:  The weather has unfortunately got the better of Ollie’s plans today, which means the prospect of him staying on the Gold Coast for the next couple of days has become a reality. The hard decision was finalised by Ollie and the team this morning. However, Ollie is assured things will continue to proceed as normal once everything clears up.  If current forecasts stay, the earliest feasible departure time is looking like Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning, for the leg from the Gold Coast to Rockhampton.  In other news, we have again been given the incredible support of the aviation community.

Follow Ollie’s journey:

solo17 – record attempt to inspire other teens

GYC Facebook page

solo17 Facebook page

Support Ollie’s dream:

crowd-funding support